General Search Tips
- Use double quotes around phrases to search.
- Add + in front of terms/phrases that must appear in results.
- Add - in front of terms/phrases that must not appear in results.
- The + checkbox adds a plus in front of all terms/phrases for convenience.
- The score is the percentage of matching characters in a document.
- ISO Latin-1 characters like ?????..etc. are treated as english equivalents.
- Special characters like #!$%|&..etc. are allowed.
- Stop-terms are common terms like "it and the that...".
Advanced Search Tips
- Searching can be expanded with a wildcard (*).
Adding a * to the end of a term will match all endings. For example: 'test*' will match 'tests' 'tested' 'testing' etc. Stop-terms are included in wildcard searches.
- Weights can be applied by adding <2-10000> in front of terms or phrases.
- The following options can be placed in any order in front of the query:
c: for a case sensitive search.
w: to match whole words only.
st: to include stop-terms.
all: to add + in front of all terms/phrases.
match: score: date: size: title: or name: for the sorting choice.
5-100: for the number of results to display per page.
b: to search the body (full text) of documents.
t: to search the title of documents.
u: to search the url of documents.
alt: to search the alternate text in documents.
l: to search the links in documents.
d: to search the meta-description in documents.
k: to search the meta-keywords in documents.
au: to search the meta-author in documents.
Note: if you find an interesting link at Linksgiving.com, it is because another visitor left it here for you.
So if you have nice links to interesting and useful Web sites, please click on the "linksgiving" button and insert them into the database.
That is a simple way to be useful to others and it will cost you just a few minutes of your time. Thank you.